This position will have a specific focus on managing smaller meeting as well as assisting the team with all aspects of event logistics projects in the area of meeting/event planning for a variety of corporate business-related meetings, conferences, customer programs, and training workshops from pre-planning stages through post event analysis.
Responsibilities include assisting customers with registrations, collateral, obtaining certificates of insurance from exhibitors and various administrative and logistical details for events. As Coordinator you’ll assist in managing all logistics of smaller meetings including RFPs, source vendors and caterers, venue selection, food and beverage, registration, onsite logistics, post-event reporting. (Internal Training Meetings, one-day catering meeting, local hotel room block meetings.) Primary individual responsible for management registration system, including creation of meetings, registration and reporting. Other responsibilities include daily logistics planning for smaller meetings, maintenance of internal Conference Registration System, multiple Mailbox systems, network sites and vendors, managing billing & financial reconciliations (Req. purchase orders and paid invoices in timely manner). This individual will also be responsible for some Corporate Travel responsibilities, including answering inquiries and travel analysis/reporting.
Successful applicants should meet the following minimum requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 1-3 years’ experience in Event Management and logistics or college major in hotel/event management.
• Experience with registration processing and use or knowledge of external registration tools /software preferred.
• Excellent customer service skills, oral/written communications with ability to anticipate client needs and follow up
• Demonstrated ability to regularly multitask, prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to take initiative, identify solutions and organize work independently and with coaching from others.
• Advanced MS Excel skills: Dashboard Reports and Pivot Tables.
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to assist team during high pressure situations.
• Must be open to working some late hours to accommodate off-site events.