The company provides investment management and advisory services to institutional clients, financial intermediaries, private clients and investment vehicles around the world. We invest in a wide selection of equity, fixed income and alternative investments with the goal of producing superior risk-adjusted investment returns and providing investment solutions customized for our clients.
The Central Marketing Services group is currently seeking a Product Marketing Associate. This individual will work closely with marketing professionals across different investor channels to support their efforts in positioning and communicating strategies and products with their clients and prospects.
•Assist in creating and updating marketing materials (e.g., presentations, fact sheets, client reports) to support investment teams and sales & marketing professionals
•Develop a deep understanding of the company’s products and serve as an internal point of contact for marketing or client-related requests
•Collaborate with team members and client portfolio managers to generate ideas on enhancing existing marketing efforts
•Understand and manage approval workflows to ensure all materials are legal and compliance approved for external distribution
•Complete ad-hoc marketing projects as needed/appropriate
•BA/BS or equivalent is required; major in Accounting, Economics, Business, Finance or related fields preferred
•Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects and timelines while being detail oriented
•Ability to work independently, knowing when to escalate issues as appropriate.
•Strong verbal and written communication skills
•Ability to collaborate as part of a team and take on additional responsibilities as required
•Accountability and willingness to be pro-active in learning and improving the quality of deliverables and efficiency of processes
•High proficiency with applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint and familiarity with market data and analytics systems (e.g., Bloomberg, FactSet, Morningstar, e-Vestment)
•Series 7 and 66 desired, must be attained within six months of hire if not already licensed
•Relevant experience in financial services or asset management preferred
This position is responsible for coordinating the logistics and execution of recruitment efforts. This position represents the front-line contact for all issues relating to recruiting. The recruiting coordinator will work closely with the recruiter, business line, and candidates to ensure the overall effort to attract the best candidates to our firm. Specific duties of the Recruiting Associate include:
• Schedule, coordinate, and facilitate in person, phone, and video conference interviews
• Post Jobs on internal and external job boards
• Arrange domestic and international travel for candidates
• Generate and draft offer letters
• Process all new hire paperwork, including background checks and references
• Develop relationships with hiring managers
• Partner with the recruiter to serve in recruiting efforts by creating a positive hiring experience for both candidates and hiring managers for all stages of recruiting from interview to onboarding
• May be requested to screen candidate resumes to assist with other coordinators overflow
• Complete ad-hoc projects, as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
• Two years’ experience in a corporate environment
• Strong ability to handle confidential information with discretion and maturity
• Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and ability to prioritize workload independently
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, energetic environment
• Maintains a high degree of professionalism – ability to interface with all levels of the company
• Possesses a proactive approach to accomplishing work, has immaculate follow up, and demonstrates the flexibility to meet business needs with a focus on achieving results
• Excellent technology skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to network with various departmental personnel and outside parties
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
WORK HOURS: Monday through Friday 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Must be able to work additional hours as required.
Prepare schedules for annual corporate tax provision.
Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales taxes and miscellaneous business tax returns.
Manage all corporate federal, state and local income tax compliance requirements including tax returns, estimated payments, and extensions.
Maintain accurate and organized tax files in preparation of audit requests and audit substantiation.
Perform miscellaneous general accounting functions.
B.S. Degree in Accounting
5+ years public/private corporate federal and state tax accounting experience.
Experience in the preparation of 1120, partnerships, and state and local corporate income tax returns.
Experience in preparation of 990-PF, miscellaneous business tax returns, sales and use tax, commercial rent tax, occupancy tax, and payroll taxes a plus.
Thorough familiarity with federal and state income tax compliance requirements including tax returns, estimates and extensions.
Strong tax research skills utilizing tax research databases (CCH).
Solid verbal and written communication skills.
Proficiency in Excel.
Familiarity with GoSystem or One Source tax and fixed assets software a plus.
Responsibilities include administration of the firm’s employee personal trading policy and procedures, including approving pre-clearance requests, maintenance of the employee trading database, back-end reporting and reporting to senior management. This role will also be responsible for reviewing employee emails and social media sites.
• Administration of the firm’s personal trading policy, including, monitoring employee personal trading activities, resolving exceptions and maintaining satisfactory records using the PTA automated personal trading system.
• Review emails and instant messages for any violations regarding Business Ethics and Insider Trading
• Conduct ongoing testing of various policies and procedures
• Facilitate annual review process of employees’ outside business activities and private placements
• Review, approval and reporting of employee gifts and entertainment items
• Conduct forensic testing of trades, political contributions, marketing materials; information barriers and other items
• Assist with monthly/quarterly and ad hoc client reporting, liaison with marketing and client service on reviewing and responding to RFPs and DDQs.
• Assist other members of the Compliance Department in other aspects of compliance such as portfolio surveillance
• Minimum 2-5 years relevant work experience in the financial services industry at an Investment Advisor, Broker-Dealer and /or related firm
• Ability to manage priorities and handle multiple projects simultaneously is essential; must be deadline oriented
• Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office , including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication skills (effective in oral, written and presentation settings)
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships within and outside the company
• Superior organizational skills; careful and thorough, with particular attention to detail
Very brief description
3 days a week either in Manhattan or can work remotely from home
Must be experienced in the personal lines area and highly computer literate!!
All work is done on the computer directly with the personal lines carriers
Handle General Liability premises claims
Review and analyze coverage, apply policy conditions, provisions, exclusions and endorsements
Compose coverage declination letters, tenders, reservation of rights and other routine and complex correspondence
Provide excellent customer service
Fulfill specific client requirements including claim reporting and analysis
Investigate facts to establish negligence, determine liability
Negotiate claim settlements within authority limits
Document and attach all correspondence in client claim system
Effectively manage diary
Maintain Adjuster’s license
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
•Communicates with internal and external clients, principals and team. Investigates and responds to client requests.
•Answers phones, transfers calls, takes messages, establishes conference calls, and uses voice mail.
•Handles correspondence, written and electronic.
•Coordinates, compiles, organizes and sends materials to clients.
•Understands and fully utilizes word-processing functions for document preparation.
•Prepares client bills and associated cover letters for principals and sends to clients as needed.
•Reviews and processes administrative and personal charges via BillBack program.
•Maintains principals’ time in Carpe Diem. Maintains and updates comprehensive contact information for all principals using CRM Best Practices.
•Maintains filing per team, utilizing Firm filing standards including Kwiktag.
•Files updates to Securities Handbooks.
•Utilizes iManage document management system effectively as a central repository for all matter related documents.
•Open all mail (may include electronic e-mails) forwarding if applicable. Makes travel arrangements and completes travel & expense reports for reimbursement in Concur.
•Prepares New Matter Reports and updates list of client/matter codes.
•Schedules meetings, reserves conference rooms, coordinates video/audio equipment, and orders food.
•Manages principals’ outlook calendars.
•Monitors CLE credits for principals. Updates Secretarial Desk Notes, as needed.
•Maintains appropriate sense of urgency and completes all work assignments within agreed upon deadlines.
•Practices and fosters an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation.
•Performs any and all other duties as necessary and as assigned by your supervisor for efficient functioning of the Department, Office and Firm
•High School Diploma is required.
•College a plus.
•Previous Legal Secretarial experience preferred.
•Knowledge of the Firm’s Policies and Procedures.
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
•Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
•High attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a high paced environment.
•Ability to prioritize and coordinate work.
•Ability to maintain confidential information.
•Ability to manage workflow and delegate projects as necessary.
•Ability to juggle multiple tasks and manage deadlines.
•Ability to think critically and analytically in a pressured environment.
•Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with various levels of people within the organization.
•Ability to work productively and cooperatively with other employees.
•Ability to constantly learn new skills as they become necessary.
•Equipment: computer, fax machines, duplicating machines, scanners.
•Systems Required: iManage, MS Office, Elite, Legiant, Carpe Diem, CRM
Tuesday-Saturday 12 noon to 8pm (OT is required)
Assist and support Chargeback and Fraud Prevention Manager with all facets of fraud detection and prevention.
Database monitoring (STAR/Accertify)
Supervise accertify team
Create and update reports
Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelors Degree 2-3 years related experience in fraud detection in high-volume environment
2yrs payment fraud prevention experience
some supervisory experience strongly preferred
strong analytical skills
PC literate (windows/word/excel)
Strong Customer service and communications skills (both verbal and written)
This position will have a specific focus on managing smaller meeting as well as assisting the team with all aspects of event logistics projects in the area of meeting/event planning for a variety of corporate business-related meetings, conferences, customer programs, and training workshops from pre-planning stages through post event analysis.
Responsibilities include assisting customers with registrations, collateral, obtaining certificates of insurance from exhibitors and various administrative and logistical details for events. As Coordinator you’ll assist in managing all logistics of smaller meetings including RFPs, source vendors and caterers, venue selection, food and beverage, registration, onsite logistics, post-event reporting. (Internal Training Meetings, one-day catering meeting, local hotel room block meetings.) Primary individual responsible for management registration system, including creation of meetings, registration and reporting. Other responsibilities include daily logistics planning for smaller meetings, maintenance of internal Conference Registration System, multiple Mailbox systems, network sites and vendors, managing billing & financial reconciliations (Req. purchase orders and paid invoices in timely manner). This individual will also be responsible for some Corporate Travel responsibilities, including answering inquiries and travel analysis/reporting.
Successful applicants should meet the following minimum requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 1-3 years’ experience in Event Management and logistics or college major in hotel/event management.
• Experience with registration processing and use or knowledge of external registration tools /software preferred.
• Excellent customer service skills, oral/written communications with ability to anticipate client needs and follow up
• Demonstrated ability to regularly multitask, prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to take initiative, identify solutions and organize work independently and with coaching from others.
• Advanced MS Excel skills: Dashboard Reports and Pivot Tables.
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to assist team during high pressure situations.
• Must be open to working some late hours to accommodate off-site events.
Company provides investment management and advisory services to institutional clients, financial intermediaries, private clients and investment vehicles around the world. Invest in a wide selection of equity, fixed income and alternative investments with the goal of producing superior risk-adjusted investment returns and providing investment solutions customized for our clients.
The Account Services Group is seeking a Client Account Services Associate to support the Institutional side of the business. This individual will be responsible for the facilitation and maintenance of the new account opening process for offices globally. The person will be required to coordinate all client related account openings and requests across various business units such as Accounting, Billing, Trading, Portfolio Management and Legal/Compliance.
The select individual will be expected to interface with all levels of management globally as well as external counterparties. The client associate will be expected to work under tight deadlines and have excellent organizational and time management skills. He/she must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to work both independently and as an effective team member.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; major in Finance or Business a plus, but not required
3-5 years of related experience
Prior Asset Management/Operations custodial and/or broker-dealer experience is preferred
Knowledge of global market onboarding is preferred
Proficiency in MS office is required and MS Access is preferred