M-F (full-time hours)
Must sit onsite in New York. No opportunity for remote.
HR Consulting Associate – Job Description:
The HR Consulting Associate is responsible for support within the Global HR Consulting team. The HR Associate team partners with the HR Generalists in supporting 2,100+ employees globally. A successful associate will provide employees a first level of assistance with guidance and support contributing to and facilitating the development and application of the HR function.
Participate in all levels of coordination of the day-to-day HR Consulting team including but not limited to the following:
• Data entry and maintenance within the HR PeopleSoft system
• Internal process creation and improvements coordinated with members of other HR functions (i.e. Recruiting and Talent & Org Development)
• Immigration support for sponsored employees
• Employee relocation processes including liaising with vendors, and employees to ensure a smooth process
• New Hire Orientation program
• Employee officer on-boarding program
• Reporting in conjunction with the HR Analytics team
• Various aspects of voluntary and involuntary termination processes
• Employee relations assistance
• Performance management and compensation processes
• Ad hoc and special projects as needed
• Minimum of 2 years Human Resources experience
• Four year college degree
• Familiarity with Federal and State employment law
• Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Preferred experience with PeopleSoft
• Flexible to work overtime as required, in-line with business needs
• Displays a high level of integrity
• Thrives while working under pressure in an intense environment
• Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize while meeting rigorous deadlines
• Demonstrates discretion in an extremely confidential environment
• Experience navigating in a complex, matrix organization
• Applies sound judgment
• Successful working with partners in global offices
• Demonstrates high accuracy, resourcefulness, and attention to detail
• Exhibits aptitude for learning global employment practices
• Possesses advanced project/time management skills
• Exudes professionalism and maturity
• Displays results oriented thought processes
Work as a member of the Institutional Sales/Consultant Relations teams to support the effort across a multitude of areas. Primarily responsible for providing both sales and consultant relations support for senior relationship managers.
Role & responsibilities (duties and essential job functions)
Support senior relationship managers and/or consultant relations managers on new business development efforts
Respond to prospect and/or consultant inquiries and requests providing seamless support
Respond to requests for information specific to the firm and investment offerings
Respond and coordinate search request inquiries (RFI, RFP, Due Diligence, etc.) from prospects and/or consultants
Assist in the preparation and follow-up for both onsite and offsite meetings with prospects and/or consultants
Communicate as needed with all areas of the firm
Work effectively with investment personnel, operations, legal/compliance, and senior management in the context of meeting prospect and/or consultant needs
Work with other members of the Institutional team to leverage resources and enhance the quality of service and support
Maintain all required account information in CRM system
Develop and maintain current and comprehensive knowledge of the financial markets and industry trends
Maintain ongoing knowledge of departmental procedures and update as necessary
Maintain confidentiality of company information
Attend and participate in staff meetings
Complete internal training and development courses as required
Experience / Qualifications and Skills (required, preferred; technical, functional skills)
BA/BS degree required and related industry experience with investment management clients. MBA and/or CFA (or in process) preferred
Series 3, 7 and 66 preferred
Working knowledge of investment management business, institutional business, including markets, indexes, asset allocation, manager structure, performance evaluation and attribution
3-5 years industry experience; direct client service and/or sales experience highly desirable.
Proactive, flexible, accountable. Ability to work independently
Strong communication skills, both written and oral
Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
Strong technical skills, previous use of a Customer Relationship Management System a plus
Excellent organizational skills, time management, initiative, self-starter, able to work under minimum supervision, dependability, team-player, flexibility
Mutual Fund Administration
•Review financial statements of various closed end, open end and alternative investment funds
•Monitor and analyze revenue and expense of the funds (dividend projection and expense analyses)
•Communicate with outside vendors, internal departments (Marketing, Compliance, Product, Performance, Legal) and management.
Role & Responsibilities
•Review and prepare various regulatory filings – annual, semi-annual reports, Forms N-CSR, NCEN and NPORT, Proxy, Prospectus, SAI and 24F-2
•Quarterly reporting to mutual fund Board of Trustees.
•Preparation of Section 19 notices, earnings press releases, stale pricing reports, leverage calculations and dividend projections.
•Interact with all levels of management, independent Auditors, Portfolio management team, Legal, Product, and Compliance and with the various support groups within the department to accomplish organizational goals.
•Establish, build and sustain relationships with service providers such as custodian & accounting agents and transfer agents.
•Collaborate work with other members of the department to provide backup and support for the Fund Administration group
Experience / Qualifications & Skills
•5 + year experience in mutual fund accounting and/or fund administration
•Good organizational skills with ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
•Strong communication skills
•Ability to resolve issues and conflicts independently
•Excellent computer skills
This position is responsible for providing administrative support for several investment teams. Duties include general administrative and project based work. The ideal candidate for this position must be able to assist and act in a confidential capacity, communicate well with tact and courtesy, and project a professional image through in-person and phone interaction. Reporting to CIO
•Answer and screen telephone calls; when appropriate, refer or direct calls to appropriate parties
•Prepare, type, and edit documents using Microsoft Office
•Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments, arrange conference calls and video conferences, book meeting rooms, coordinate catering requirements with hospitality department
•Greet and assist visitors
•Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements, prepare travel itineraries
•Coordinate local travel arrangements and accommodations for visiting executive guests
•Prepare travel reimbursement reports and check requests and work with Finance to ensure timely payments; review expense reports
•Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems
•Proactively seeks out ways to develop systems and continually services the needs of the team to ensure time is focused on accomplishing priority objectives
•Facilitate and track communications internally and externally
•Assist with key priorities, maintain task list
•Follow-up on meetings and assist with deliverables
•Maintain contacts directory, personnel files and records
•Perform general office duties to include, but not limited to: printing, photocopying, faxing, mailing, preparing courier packages, filing
•Maintain confidentiality of client and employee information
This position will support multiple departments, including US Fixed Income, Global Fixed Income, and other associated individuals as needed.
•Minimum 2 years administrative experience; Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
•Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
•High degree of integrity, confidentiality, initiative, accountability, and strong work ethic
•Excellent communication skills in person, on phone, and by email and voicemail
•Strong proofreading and grammatical skills
•Ability to prioritize and manage multiple on-going tasks and projects
•Attention to detail and quality of work product
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
•Welcomes clients and visitors in person or on the telephone in a professional manner.
•Operates Cisco telephone system in accordance with Firm procedures.
•Answers all incoming calls, making sure clients reach correct destinations.
•Takes accurate messages and delivers messages promptly via e-mail as directed by lawyer or secretary.
•Coordinates conference room schedules (including video conference room) and visiting attorney offices.
•Communicates catering needs to catering or appropriate department timely.
•Assists with car and travel reservations.
•Schedules meetings, including conference rooms and informs catering, IT and others as needed.
•Registers visitors utilizing building security system.
•Corresponds with Facilities regarding temperature control in conference rooms.
•Assists with loaner access cards and ensuring timely return.
•Covers message center and evening hours.
•Provides back up support to Receptionist team.
•Performs other office-related tasks as assigned by supervisor.
•Strong interpersonal skills, pleasant telephone manner, professional demeanor and appearance.
•Strong customer service skills.
•Good communication skills.
•Punctuality and dedication to job a must.
Coordinate and attend departmental meetings; handle agenda, minutes and follow-up tasks;
• Assist with coordinating calendars for internal and external scheduling of meetings;
• Assist with event planning;
• Perform administrative tasks such as expenses, phone coverage, conference room booking, ordering supplies, travel coordination, check requests, etc.;
• Assume additional tasks and responsibilities as required; willingness to help across teams within the institutional group is required
Highly organized, resourceful, detail-oriented person who is comfortable working both independently within a team environment
• Experienced in Outlook calendar functions
• Excellent in Microsoft software products including: Word and PowerPoint
• Able to handle multiple assignments; knows how to prioritize; understands and adheres to standards of confidentiality
• Excellent technical skills; must be able to learn various software systems
• Self-motivated, personable and able to communicate effectively with senior professionals
• 7 years+ experience working in the financial services industry and/or Institutional investment advisory experience preferred.
• Excellent (written and verbal) communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree preferred