Accounts Payable Associates are responsible for the day to day Accounts Payable operations. Most effective performance is achieved through proficient use of all available technological resources, employment of analytical skills and applying best practices and procedural controls.
• Collection of vendor information, ensuring that all necessary information and documentation is provided including W9 forms and 1099 reporting detail
• Review, distribution, and tracking of all invoices and payment requests
• Review of submitted invoices received from multiple offices and entities for accuracy, approval by appropriate signatories, and adherence to established guidelines
• Analysis of all invoice and expense submissions, calculating requirements for sales tax accrual and 1099 reporting, and ensuring accurate G/L expense coding
• Completion of monthly sales/use tax returns and quarterly commercial rent returns
• Review and monthly reconciliation of all corporate card transactions
• Accurate audit of an invoice and posting details into the Concur/SAP Accounting system, streamlining process where possible through utilization of uploading files or templates
• Generation of periodic payment runs and coordination of approval from authorized signatories
• Preparation of both online and manual wire payments and coordination of execution by authorized signatories
• Audit of employee expense reimbursement submissions for policy compliance
• Training and continuous education of staff in using the Concur Premier Professional expense and invoice reporting platforms
• Maintenance and organization of all files and documentation in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
• Research and resolution of discrepancies and timely response to internal and external inquiries
• Participation in the monthly close process by posting all entries in advance of A/P close deadline and completing an analysis of unprocessed invoices and expenses for accrual
• Provision of supporting documentation for auditors
• Contribution to continuous improvement processes.
• Protection of the organization’s value by keeping information confidential
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
• Two years of Accounts Payable Experience
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Knowledge of advanced MS Excel functions a plus (formulas, Vlookup, Pivot Tables, Macros, etc.)
• Familiarity with SAP and/or Concur Premier online expense reporting system a plus
• Working knowledge of basic accounting principles (debit/credit/general ledger).
• Familiarity with foreign currency and online banking platforms
• Strong basic math skills and attention to detail.
• Good communication skills and professional, courteous telephone manner.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills in order to meet processing deadlines.
Need SAP/Concur and good Excel skills. A degree is helpful, but not required. Only looking for 2 to 5yrs experience.