60% ) US Sales and Marketing: Main accountability is to earn profit by selling and marketing the Methanol in N.A. Details are as below:
- credit management (includes selection of customers, risk evaluation and return analysis for conducting sales activity)
- negotiation for the sales contracts (long term, spot (onetime))
- monthly negotiation of the sales price in distribution accounts
- reporting to management (regular reporting of the sales volume, profit, trends, industry info, etc,)
- managing performance of the sales contracts for achieving better profit (juggling volumes to achieve better net back, contract vs spot, profit evaluation based on market trends and inventory on hand, etc)
- team working (instructing/coaching/supervising the supporting staff for the accounting, invoicing, logisitics, etc)
20% ) Marketing and Sales Expansion project: Expand the market reach to the new market (US Midwest etc) seeking more opportunity for methanol as well as different commodity like Ethanol, which includes below;
- Market Research
- Logistics set up (storage, inland transportation)
- Procurement from new sources
- Sales (setting up new customers/contracts)
- Optimization ( Delivery system set up, including coordination/knowledge transfer for the staffs in overseas branch, etc)
- Compliance (risk management such as credit etc as well as regulatory things. Researching, managing and fulfilling the requirements)
The Assistant Manager is expected to perform under supervision of Managers and reporting to them.
10% ) Logistics Operation: Selecting, managing and operating the best logistics while minimizing the cost. Controlling inventory in distribution stock locations. This duty includes below:
- Land transportation (rail / track freight) management; to manage competitive arrangement by supervising operator. This includes negotiating tanks, freight contracts, designing railcar fleet which avoids idle time, etc.
- Swap Operations; Organize swaps in order to reduce costs
- Manage delivery schedule; for minimizing shipping cost (freight, demurrage etc) by managing inventory. This includes negotiation for the demurrage
10% ) Management of Sales Support staff : Manage staff in sales support team, which includes below;
- Instructing/coaching/supervising/evaluating the supporting staff for the accounting, invoicing, logisitics, documentation etc for completing their role.
- Undertaking trainer role for Internal rules (ie. Credit/GBS/Compliance/Incoterms) as well as logistics operation skills. Supervise performance of the trainee.
- Supervise and take responsible role for the performance of marketing support team.
- Motivate, evaluate, and coach the marketing support team. Make plan and recommendation for the best functional and efficient team organization to Senior Manager as well as DM, and implement.
The Assistant Marketing Manager is expected to perform under supervision of Senior Managers and reporting to them.
- Selects subordinates OR participates in the interviews and recommends who should be hired
- Determines subordinates’ performance ratings OR recommends performance reviews
- Has authority to issue written warnings and suspensions and determines what discipline should be imposed upon a subordinate OR recommends such actions
- Has limited authority to guide OR train other employees
- Must speak Spanish