Director of Internal Audit
This position is responsible to add value and improve the company’s operations by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of financial controls, operational practices and risk management. Work involves conducting performance, financial and compliance audits; providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff and maintaining all organizational and professional ethical standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and structure the Internal Audit activities at all Business Units; Corporation (U.S.), Nuvida Plastics (U.S.), Europe (Belgium) and China (China)
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, reports, data, workflows, etc.
- Identify, develop, and document audit issues and provide recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed
- Document all audit processes and prepare
and present reports that reflect audit results
Develop and execute an annualized audit program in order to:
- Test the effectiveness of existing financial controls and make recommendations on how to improve internal controls and governance processes in a cost effective manner
- Protect against fraud and theft of the organization’s assets
- Ensure that the organization is complying with relevant laws and statutes
- Drive continuous improvement in processes
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to understand, optimize, document, and routinely update operational processes. Lead and drive cross-functional teams in order to improve business processes.
- Make recommendations on how to improve operational processes and work flows
- Promote development and use of standardized documentation for Standard Operating Procedures and other important internal processes
- Actively seek development of new or improved procedures or ideas to create value-add internal controls as well as business process improvements to help enhance profitability and efficiency.
- Oversee Management of Risks, including ensuring thorough identification of risks, accurate assessment of likelihood of occurrence and potential severity, identification of risk control measures ad their effectiveness and the effectiveness of early warning / alert systems
- Perform Information Technology audits by evaluating information management systems and computer databases to ensure that confidential customer information and proprietary intellectual property is secure. Information technology audits ensure that only authorized users are able to gain access to confidential information and that the information itself is accurate.