This position offers you the opportunity to expand your skills
and experience in property management with the largest wholesale data center
provider in the world. As Assistant Real Estate Manager, you will report
directly to the Real Estate Manager, where you will make an impact on virtually
all aspects of the management of this assigned portfolio. You will leverage
your in-depth experience to assist with a variety of financial and operational
responsibilities including financial reporting, budgeting, accruals, property
inspections and customer ticket requests. We are proactive about helping our
people grow and develop, and as Digital Realty continues to grow, we’ll be
looking for proven players to move up.
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, real estate, accounting or finance, preferred; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three to five years of related experience in commercial property management and financial reporting.
- A proven track record of providing superior customer service.
- Strong understanding of financial terms and principles and the ability to analyze financial statements. You’ll also have experience with financial reporting, accruals, and budgeting,
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office Suite.
- Familiarity and experience with Yardi or a similar property management software program.
- The ability to express ideas clearly in written and verbal communications, including the capability to create complex financial and business related documents.
- Experience working in a fast paced, high volume workplace.
- Strong organizational skills, time management and detail orientation.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter mentality and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong Property / Construction accounting background are preferred. Data center experience would be a plus.
- Rudimentary knowledge/understanding of electrical and mechanical systems
You will also receive a smartphone to monitor and respond to
customer tickets and requests when you are off-site.
Reporting to the Real Estate Manager, as the Assistant Real
Estate Manager, you will work to support your supervisor in all aspects of
management for the assigned portfolio, with a specific focus on the financial
piece. You will play a key role assisting and supporting the operations and
financial responsibilities of the properties within the portfolio, providing
various financial reports and accruals, re-forecasts, budgeting and
Managing our customer ticketing system and conducting property walk-through inspections will also be a central component to this role. Additionally, we’ll look to you to help organize tenants’ events and oversee other special event coordination as needed.
More specifically, you will:
- Support the planning, budgeting and control of operating and capital expenditures.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, monthly reports, and variance reports, including accruals, journal entries, heavy financial reporting.
- Assist with accounts receivable and accounts payable, including collection of rent, accruals, payment of expenses, common area maintenance estimates, true-ups, reconciliations, compliance with lease terms, and preparation of all related documentation.
- Respond to customer requests and needs; coordinate efforts with Property Management and Technical Operation teams to resolve issues.
- Oversee selection and performance of vendor services, including preparation of requests for proposal and service agreements; monitor vendor performance against service level agreements.
- Schedule and facilitate maintenance with vendors and customers.
- Perform property inspections on a regular basis; make recommendations to maintain and enhance the assigned property portfolio.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the Asset Manager and Technical Operations team for the assigned portfolio to ensure that all corporate objectives are being met.
- Document and track all certificates of insurance from vendors and customers.
- Maintain accurate and pertinent information for vendors and customers.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
Additionally, in order to be an outstanding Assistant Real Estate Manager, you will be a team player, and have an easygoing and adaptable personality. We have a close-knit team at our office, so we’re really looking for someone who can come in, and seamlessly become a part of our group right off the bat. You’ll enjoy taking part in our team building events, group lunches and much more.