Functional Area: Funds
The Funds Business Management Group is responsible for operating public and private fund complexes globally. The company is also the sponsor and administrator of registered and unregistered mutual funds offshore.
This position will focus on assisting in the oversight and administration of the company’s registered investment funds, with a primary focus over their yield-sensitive strategies which includes Income, High Yield, Money Market, and Short Term products. Yield analysis and the reporting of actual and projected income/expense accruals through the utilization of the company’s proprietary accounting yield projection tool, which is a proprietary system designed to provide accounting measures required by insurance accounts and tax-sensitive clients. The system calculates various accounting metrics (book price, book value, book yield, unrealized and realized gain/loss), time bound income projections, and attribution of changes in account book yield over time. Metrics are computed daily, maintained on a tax lot-level basis, and can be viewed and reported at an account level, trade level, or at the individual lot-level.
Partnership will be necessary with members of the Fund Accounting, Pricing, Technology, Financial Reporting and Tax teams servicing the company’s public funds (US and offshore) to execute processes related to the oversight of the income focused ’40 act Funds.
We are looking for an inquisitive, sharp, tireless, passionate, person that will learn quickly and play a key role in achieving operational excellence. This role will coordinate extensively with product business owners within the group and across the firm. The appropriate candidate will be able to exhibit project management skills through a proven track record of meeting deadlines and coordinating across functional areas.
• 3 – 7 years of experience and Bachelor’s degree
• A firm understanding of mutual funds and fund accounting with exposure to a broad range
of fund structures a plus
• Some experience with front office support/reporting, including forecasting for
income/yield-oriented mutual funds with distribution targets
• Knowledge of various asset types; fixed income, equity, derivatives, and other securities
• Understanding of GAAP & Tax rules applicable to US registered funds; familiarity with
IFRS or other GAAP/Tax
• CPA and/or CFA is a plus
• Detail-oriented, with strong analytical and data management skills (Excel usage,
Bloomberg, Macro writing, Database queries, etc.)
• Excellent communication skills, effective presentation skills
• Risk and control minded to aid in the on-going oversight of third party fund accounting
• Highly organized; process and quality control minded with ability to work in a fast
paced, deadline driven environment
The company is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Life insurance and travel coverage
• 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution
from your first day of employment
• Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support,
employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA
certification reimbursement programs
• Community involvement opportunities within each office