The Content Strategist is a newly created role and key member of the Retail Marketing team.
This experienced professional will be responsible for setting the strategic vision of the team’s content strategy and should have a deep understanding of the role that content plays in driving engagement across a range of touch points and mediums (digital and traditional). The main goal of this role will be to increase client and prospect engagement by developing insightful and thought provoking content to help support the strategic goals of the retail distribution channels and build the company’s brand in the retail asset management industry.
This individual will work closely with our channel marketing managers and advertising manager to develop content to support focus initiatives and campaigns. In addition, this role will work closely with our US Investment Strategist and investment teams to develop capital markets and investment themed content for clients. The content strategist should also have strong knowledge of the asset management industry in order to create practice management content for financial advisers to help strengthen our relationships with clients. The Content Strategist must be comfortable with and adept at distilling complex ideas into effective messages and content.
· Create original, compelling content that effectively meets our various US Retail business needs
· Proofread and edit non-original content produced by other operating entities
· Summarize, package and/or adapt content for our various US delivery vehicles (email, social media, website, print, etc.)
· Inform on our content strategy and fill gaps by generating new ideas and exploring content from other operating entities
· Support the firm’s brand by following and enforcing the firm’s writing style and tone of voice guidelines
· Provide occasional creative input into advertising, branding, campaigns and other special projects
· 10 + years of investment-industry or financial journalism experience required, specializing in the markets, products and clients that are central to the company’s entities
· Superior writing and communication skills, as well as top-notch editing and proofreading skills
· A demonstrated ability to:
o Clearly communicate key concepts to different audiences and in different formats (print, digital media, social media, etc.)
o Creatively solve marketing and compliance challenges with effective content solutions
o Meet or beat deadlines
o Ensure message consistency
o Follow a consistent style and tone of voice
o Work autonomously and prioritize tasks
o Collaborate and work effectively with multiple departments
· Proficiency with the MS Office suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) as well as Adobe Acrobat