The main function of a marketing analyst is to research market conditions in local, regional, or
national areas to determine potential sales of a product or service. A typical marketing analyst is
responsible for gathering information on competitors and methods of marketing and distribution.
• Collect and analyze data on customer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to
identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand.
• Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written
• Forecast and track marketing and sales trends, analyzing collected data.
• Seek and provide information to help companies determine their position in the marketplace.
• Verbal and written communication skills, negotiation skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Basic knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or
• Basic knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or equivalent training preferred.
• 0-2 years related experience required.