The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for various accounting functions and activities related to the processing of invoices into the Accounts Payable system. Processes financial applications, answers questions and corrects problems within designated time-frames. Works with senior members to establish priorities and resolve open issues.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Move vendor invoices from AP mailbox to electronic document management for approval and manually index the vendor invoice if needed.
- Process vendor invoices using 3-way match (P.O., Receiving, and invoice) in SAP.
- Prioritize payments for discount vendors and maximize discount payments.
- Process vendor’s manual invoices, validate accurate general ledger, and cost center coding.
- Research and follow-up discrepancies on quantity and amount between PO receiving and invoice.
- Process and schedule weekly check run, ACH, wire, and interim checks as needed for vendor’s invoice payments, customer’s rebate and broker’s commission.
- Complete credit application forms, scan and email W-9/trade references, create new vendors in SAP.
- Ensure clear and updated communications with all departments regarding AP policies and procedures and in seeing that policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Timely communicate with vendors on issues with invoices and answer vendor inquiries
- Prepare and distribute vendor 1099’s (Annually) and submit to IRS.
- Other ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- 5+ years of Accounts Payable experience.
- SAP Experience is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Excel (VLookup and pivot tables is a plus).
- Capability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively.
- Detail-Oriented and timely follow-up.
- Self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing tasks independently and with a sense of urgency.
- Must have a positive mindset to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.