The Credit and Collection Specialist is responsible for credit functions and activities related to the monitoring and maintenance of customer accounts. Provide answers to questions and corrects problems within designated time-frames. Works with internal and external customers to establish priorities and resolve open issues.
Collection/Invoicing & Credit Management
- Monitor and maintain accounts current by contacting customers with past due balances in the customer account.
- Obtain payment, payment commitment, and follow up timely on payment promises from customers. Implement alternative payment options when necessary.
- Meet or exceed targeted cash collections metrics, reducing past due/delinquent accounts, bad debt exposure, and other quantitative targets.
- Escalate major collection issues with Management that may require special attention/support.
- Research any disputed or short paid invoices, identifying root cause, and collaborating with various internal departments to expedite resolution or payment.
- Monitor invoices daily for accuracy, resolve invoicing issues with customer service/IT
- Submit dunning letters to customers on daily basis via SAP
- Process the credit application for new customers.
- Review and research credit holds on daily basis.
- Record information regarding financial status of clients and collection efforts.
- Review customer’s credit limits and make adjustment when necessary
- Process credits for valid deductions on assigned accounts.
- Collection on invalid deductions i.e., cash discount, shortages, damages, pricing, freight, etc.
- File Freight claims with carriers.
- Assist AR team with deduction research and recovery.
- Other accounting projects as assigned.
- Assist department to achieve department’s metrics.
- Communicate and build relationships with customers and sales groups.
- 7 years of collections/credit experience
- SAP Experience is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel (VLookup and pivot tables is a plus)
- Capability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Detail-Oriented and timely follow-up
- Self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing tasks independently and with a sense of urgency
- Must have a positive and proactive mindset to work under pressure
- Thrives upon working in a fast-paced environment