The Junior IT Help Desk Tech role is to consistently improve and maintain a high level of satisfaction by troubleshooting and helping resolve customer issues. The role is responsible for tracking and resolving all service issue requests, and for providing tier 1 technical support. The technician will follow documented procedures for escalating the issues that are too complex, or outside of their area of competency, and is responsible for following up on the issue until it has been resolved. The role is the primary source for endpoint support in the office.
The IT Help Desk Technician follows documented work instructions to accommodate customer work order requests, including creation and administration of IDs that provide access to various internal and external systems.
The Junior IT Help Desk Tech completes other tasks as assigned by IT Supervisor or IT Manager.
Essential Job Duties
The information written in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive of every job duty, responsibility, or qualification required by an employee assigned to this job. While employed in this position, an employee may be required to perform other assignments not listed on this job description
- Provide efficient and effective Tier 1 help desk support via phone, email, remote connection or other media. Ask questions to determine nature of problem and walk employees through problem-solving process.
- Collaborate with supervisors, technicians, IT support, service partners, and vendors for problem management on complex technical issues, or requests, that are outside of the scope of competencies.
- Follow up with customers and teams to ensure issue has been resolved
- Provide hardware, software and resource support for new hire and termination, including creation of log-ins and equipment setup for first use.
- Ensure all computers, software’s, cellphones, VOIP phones and other office equipment run efficiently to meet business needs and provide support if needed
- Provide support or collaborate with the team for any technical issue with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (Wan), and Wi-Fi.
- Installation and repair of software or components, for PCs/Laptops and Printers.
- Follow best practice for help desk procedures, products, and services
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds regularly, and up to 40 pounds occasionally. Moving or relocating workstations as required, for both small and large groups
- Other IT projects as required
- Some occasional travel and overtime might be expected for this position
- Additional job requirements may be listed during the staffing process
QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and decision-making skills
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize, maintain attention to detail and recognize time constraints
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated, as well as part of a team
- Ability to manage issues through ticketing software by assigning priorities, responding to customers, and providing detailed feedback and resolutions to issues
- Knowledge of Windows 10 and MS Office suite
- Previous experience in IT, customer service, or other related fields is preferred
- Associate or BS in Computer Science, IT, IS or equivalent experience or currently working towards a BS in Computer Science, IT, or IS.
Desirable Skills or Abilities
- May require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized equipment or cloud services to complete work assignments. Able to demonstrate continued expertise in the primary tools or applications used in completing daily work assignments.
- Knowledge of Office 365 Suites is highly preferred
- Experience with Active directory and cloud services is preferred
- Previous experience with conference systems (Zoom, Lifesize) and VOIP phones is a plus