Role: Consultant Private Wealth Management- Alternative Investment Support
The Private Wealth Management Alternative Investment Support Team with the company is responsible for Processing and Booking Capital Calls/Distribution, Reconciliations of Alternative Investments to Custodian and Fund Admins and field phone/email inquiries from Internal and External Teams. This role supports a rapidly evolving business working closely with internal and external parties to resolve all issues in a timely manner. This individual should be able to work in a fast paced environment and work well under pressure. The ideal candidate for this role is expected to understand portfolio accounting and Alternative Investments (Private Equity and/or Hedge Funds).
- Daily reconciliation of Alternative Investments to custodian and Fund Admins.
- Review exception reports and work with to resolve the exception.
- Monitor mailbox to address Client Admins questions regarding Alternative Investments.
- Work closely with Technology and Investor Relations to ensure receipt of information from Fund Admins regarding Alternative Investments.
- Work with internal teams and Custodian to setup New Alternative Investment Funds.
- Oversee valuation updates in internal accounting system regarding Third Party Alternative Investments.
- Field phone/email inquiries from internal Wealth Management and Portfolio Management teams questioning internal Portfolio Accounting Alternative Investments records.
- Various ad hoc projects as needed
- B.A. degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- 2-5+ years’ experience with middle office, reconciliation, asset manager or prime broker required
- General product knowledge Alternative Investments (Private Equity and/or Hedge Funds)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required with the ability to prioritize and multitask effectively
- Must be proficient in Excel using pivot tables, vlookups, macros, and If/Then statements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail