Job Description- “IT Project Manager”
- Lead highly strategic cross-functional and cross-organizational initiatives, managing over 10 million in capital expenditure projects
- Create and manage cross-functional plans via Smartsheets, collaborating cross-functionally with internal teams (and external vendors if applicable) to define requirements and manage timelines.
- Engage and provide critical information to leadership, cross-functional teams and stakeholders (Network Engineering, Optical Engineering, Carrier Management, Deployment, Transport Engineering)
- Clearly communicate roadmaps, progress, risks, mitigation plans and impacts to senior management and internal cross-functional and remote project teams. Steer teams based on business objectives, constantly align teams to those objectives, in the face of ambiguity and aggressive deadlines.
- Self-directed (directing cross-functional teams and management).
- Lives a proactive delivery mindset, role-filling as necessary to meet program goals.
Required Experience, Skills or Abilities
- Experience leading global, multi-disciplinary teams in fast-paced, change-intensive environments
- Extensive knowledge of project and program management processes, tools, templates, and management techniques
- Exceptional problem solving and negotiation skills, with the ability to work across organizational boundaries to drive closure of complex delivery challenges
- Take responsibility for release schedules and milestones, keeping up a high velocity in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong business acumen and technical background, with the ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts and challenges across a wide range of audiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the professional confidence and credibility to effectively engage and interact with senior and executive management
- Comfortable hosting senior level leaders and providing status/program updates
- Comfortable talking about technical matters with businesspeople and business matters with technical people.
- Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities, meet aggressive deadlines
- Manage program/project schedules and associated dependencies, identify possible issues/risks/actions and clearly work with key stakeholders to mitigate for them.
- Drive issues to logical closure.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of related industry experience managing moderately-sized projects and programs from start to finish within highly complex operating environments.
- You can operate effectively in a high demand, rapidly shifting / fluid environment.
- You have a proven track record of on time and high-quality project delivery
- You are comfortable communicating at all levels of an organization from executives to project teams