Title: HR Assistant in Campus Recruiting.
Location: Currently remote, but based in Newport Beach, CA once back on-site
Full-time; Long-term temp (6mo. with strong potential for extension)
This position is responsible for coordinating the logistics and execution at all levels of campus/university recruitment efforts for our company. This position represents the front-line contact for issues relating to recruiting and coordinated activities to ensure that the overall effort is successful at attracting and hiring the best, brightest and most diverse students to our firm. The campus recruiting associate will work closely with campus recruiters, business line candidates, university officials and our global HR team partners.
Ideal candidates for this position will have a Bachelor’s degree with shown work experience in recruiting, learning and development, or university career services. Campus recruiting, event management, and marketing skills are a plus. The position is based in Newport Beach, CA and will report to the Global Head of Campus Recruiting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Timely data entry, tracking, and reporting of candidates for event attendance, applications and interview process.
- Communicate with candidates in a timely and gracious manner throughout the recruiting lifecycle (introduction to interviews to offer/sell or decline).
- Ensure that appropriate marketing and advertising is coordinated in-line with firm wide efforts and strategy. This includes advertisements, marketing emails, flyers, event sponsorship, corporate giveaways, and posting of job descriptions.
- Assess and control costs relating to recruiting event expenditures.
- Establish contact with student organizations, partners, and university career services to keep our campus profiles up-to-date and to stay apprised of opportunities to connect with students.
- Handle logistics and details with regard to the accurate and timely booking for recruiting events.
- Attend recruiting events/functions to assist in marketing and to facilitate logistics.
- Foster recruiting partnerships with our internal clients including school alumni, steering committees and organizations.
- Collaborate closely with campus business leaders to ensure timely selection of candidates, coordination and staffing of recruiting events, accurate tracking of communication to candidate pool, and adequate coordination of central administration needs.
- Work with HR Business Partners and Talent Acquisition and Learning teams to assist in coordinating onboarding & training details for new graduate hires.
- Be a strong teammate, eager to assist colleagues in any area of campus recruiting and human resources.
- Plan and execute the Global Summer Internship Program, in partnership with the broader campus recruiting team.
- On-board new starters including background screening, immigration, travel and logistics.
Desired candidates should possess the following attributes:
- Excellent technology skills, specifically Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Able to work independently and as part of a team; intuitive, fast learner – able to handle steep learning curve
- Thoughtful and demonstrates good judgment and strong decision-making skills; ethical
- Strong organizational and project management skills; attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize; work on and complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to network with various departmental personnel and outside parties
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a bias-to-action, results-oriented approach to work; willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team
- Looks to identify and implement efficiencies and process improvements
- Willingness to travel (currently N/A, applicable when travel is once again recommended)