SENIOR CONTRACT AND GRANT SPECIALIST (Direct Hire)
The University Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) provides pre-award and non-financial post award research administration service to faculty, investigators, and other researchers in academic units, centers and institutes. The Senior Contract and Grant Specialist for OSP reports to the Director of Research Administration.
In this role, the Senior Specialist will lead other Contract and Grant Specialists and provides expertise in:
- Proposal development
- Award set-up and management
- Subaward issuance, monitoring and reporting
- Regulatory and sponsor compliance related to the conduct of sponsored projects
- Systems integration analysis and planning and development for pre- to post award processes as it regards different research administration software
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate must possess a/an:
- Thorough knowledge of applicable compliance requirements related to use of human or animal subject in research, financial conflict of interest, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and to work independently as well as cooperatively in a team situation
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and effectively articulate complex policies and procedures, both orally and in writing
- Thorough understanding of research administration guidelines of Federal and non-Federal sponsors supporting research and educational activities, preferably in a university environment
- Current knowledge of compliance regulations in all areas of research administration
- Demonstrated competence in the use of spreadsheet and database software in financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports
- Ability to perform complex financial analysis and customized reporting
- Ability to maintain independent judgement, strong organization and communication skills and a customer service focus across broad and diverse subject areas
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting, fiscal and reporting principles
- Ability to manage significant volume of transactions
- Strong writing skill in a variety of styles to draft persuasive text for a variety of audiences while ensuring adherence to funding sponsor and university guidelines
Additionally, this position is responsible for:
- Training new Specialists
- Verifying data entered into institutional and OSP research databases.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Required Education and Experience:
- Masters Degree and 7+ years’ experience
- Additional years of experience in senior or lead positions may serve in lieu of a Masters Degree.
- 3-5+ years managerial experience
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of government regulatory policy and implementation related to sponsored research and other activities
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of University personnel, as well as the research administration and funding agency community
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be well versed in quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data and able to strictly follow data privacy and security procedures for data handling and analysis to ensure adherence to legal, regulatory and institutional standards.