Title: Senior Regional Human Resources Manager
Location: Sayreville, NJ 08872
The Senior Regional Human Resource Manager will lead and support the employee
relations activities for plants aligned by manufacturing process as well as providing
primary employee relations support to headquarters and sales staff. Provide support,
guidance and advice to the organization to create a positive work environment which is
focused on continuous improvement.
- Provide employee relations support to the organization:
- Provide direct, day-to-day HR support to the corporate staff and to the field sales
organization (1st point of contact for most HR issues), including performance issues & terminations, exit interviews, employee complaints and investigations, coaching managers, etc.
- Provide advice, guidance and support to the HR Managers at select manufacturing locations; provide assistance and trouble-shooting on HR matters; coordinate cross-plant initiatives and programs
- Serve as chief spokesperson with unions (as needed); prepare and recommend strategies to achieve desired outcomes during any negotiations
- Work in partnership with the Director, Talent Management to develop and implement employee engagement initiatives and programs across the organization which will create a positive work environment, support the retention and development of the workforce and improve employee engagement
- Facilitate the employee engagement survey for the headquarters and sales organization; facilitate the development and execution of action plans for these groups to drive improvement
- Develop and maintain Human Resource policies, Employee Handbooks and HR SOPs as well as manage regulatory requirements (EEO filing, Affirmative Action Plan preparation, I-9s, etc.) to ensure compliance with appropriate laws and regulations
- Manage key employee relations programs and initiatives (scholarship program, recognition programs, employee events, etc.)
- Oversee matters involving complaints or charges against the company (charges of discrimination, wrongful termination, etc.)
- Provide support to the training and development activities throughout the organization:
- Support delivery of supervisory and management development programs for the headquarters staff; deliver select supervisory development programs as part of U-Lead to the leadership teams at the plants
- Partner with the Talent Management team to provide support for the development and implementation of hourly certification programs (packers, operators, quality, etc.)
- Develop career paths and related development activities for the functional areas within the organization; provide support to the organization in the implementation of these initiatives
- Support the identification of training or development initiatives for individuals in the corporate functions as appropriate
- Support the Talent Review process within the US operations at selected plants
- Provide support for recruiting in manufacturing locations:
- Serve as a resource on the recruitment of key openings, participating in sourcing, selection and on-boarding (as needed)
- Provide support and assistance on the selection, oversight and auditing of temporary staffing agencies for selected plants
- Perform other related duties as required:
- Oversee general support services and activities (facilities, travel services, etc.) as appropriate
- Work in accordance with all company policies and procedures regarding employment, safety, quality, product safety and legality, security, and regulatory compliance as applicable
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills: Must have demonstrated appropriate customer service attitudes and services in a variety of human resource settings.
- Teamwork/Collaboration: Must possess demonstrated skills and abilities in collaborative efforts with experience in team/project oriented activities.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must possess the ability to relate well to people at all levels of the organization and work in cooperation with others to effectively coordinate activities in order to accomplish tasks.
- Judgment: Must have demonstrated ability to act independently upon information and make decisions that achieve optimal results.
- Organization: Must organize/prioritize work, manage multiple tasks & projects and function effectively as a member of a small team.
- Platform Skills: Must have strong presentation skills and be able to convey confidence and communicate effectively in group situations
- PC/Technology Skills: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Spanish language skills would be a plus
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in human resources or similar field
- 10+ years of experience in human resources with majority of experience in employee relations
- Experience in a plant work environment is critical; working in a multi-site manufacturing environment a plus
- Experience delivering training programs to a diverse population