Job Description- “Events Marketing Associate”
Location: New York, NY- Hybrid (Will be on-site 3 days/week)
Salary: $33-35/hr → 65-75K (Temp to Permanent)
*Fast-paced environment; hands on; some travel required*
Reporting to the Marketing Director, you will join a global marketing team that also includes resources in Europe and Asia Pacific. You will work closely with and be a part of a dynamic North American & Corporate marketing team consisting of a Sr. Marketing Manager, Event Producer, Digital Marketing Manager, Content Director, Product Marketing Director, Sr. Marketing Director and SVP of Global Marketing. The marketing team provides all marketing support for the US and Canada and the Marketing Coordinator will support the marketing team in all B2B marketing and sales support efforts specializing in the event activity.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the events team in a full calendar year of activity including research,
- logistics, shipping, and onsite support
- Supporting the company’s brand in all aspects of the company’s marketing efforts.
- Administration of all accounting for the events department to include AP, creating POs,
- processing invoices, budget tracking, and working closely with our accounting team to provide timely payments to vendors.
- Provide general marketing administrative support as necessary which may include organizing meetings, arranging travel, processing expense reports, tracking budgets, calendaring etc.
- Managing marketing projects including coordinating communication across stakeholders in connection with key initiatives, defining timelines, maintaining the marketing library of assets and collateral and managing projects to completion.
- Coordinating social media for events
- Support in the coordination of industry conference
- Managing branded items, giveaways, and SWAG
Additional Responsibilities may also include:
- Assists with the pre-production efforts and onsite efforts for our events.
- Duties include data entry, acquisition of supplies online, managing inventory of event supplies, and miscellaneous prep work for events.
- Outbound phone calls to setup meetings and event confirmations.
- Managing brand items (moving gear, taking inventory)
- Must be able to carry 15-30lbs (marketing promotional items/event material, etc.
- Traffic coordinator for creative requests and marketing projects through completion and coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, freelancers etc…
- Production coordinator for marketing collateral, including editing and creating PowerPoint presentations, leasing materials such as flyers and brochures, and more.
- Contributing to ongoing department process enhancements to increase efficiency and quality.
- Respond to and fulfill requests from the sales organization and other business units in a timely manner.
- Maintaining the conference and events calendar
- Supporting all event campaigns both digital and physical pieces
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have about two years of administrative and/or marketing experience and the following in your background:
- Exceptional organizational skills — including the ability to organize others — and a track record of success handling administrative activities, product fulfillment, project management tasks, etc…
- A demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines with efficiency and accuracy.
- Willingness to learn and an interest in developing a career in marketing
- Self Starter with great problem solving skills
- Organized: Stay focused and organized so that events go off without a hitch
- Assists with the pre-production efforts for our annual show
- Duties include data entry, acquisition of supplies online, managing inventory of event supplies, and miscellaneous prep work for the event.
- Assists with data entry for brand changes, reviews documents as an editor, coordinates phone calls and assists with data entry as needed.
You also will need the following characteristics and competencies:
- Flexibility and the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- A solid work ethic, sense of urgency, positive attitude, and be a contributing member to the marketing team.
- Ability to work independently and proven track record with taking initiative around new assignments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues, cross functional teams and work in a team environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy is a MUST.
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude and proactive work ethic and approach.
- Motivation to grow and develop professionally.
The ideal candidate will also have some combination of the following experience:
- Experience in a fast-paced marketing or agency environment
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Office to include experiences creating sales and marketing PowerPoint decks
- Some experience handling A/P, PO processing and a background with managing the general accounting for a department.
- A Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Design skills or basic experience with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) a plus
- Social Media experience a plus