Title: “Junior Portfolio Analyst”
Rate: $25-30/hr (Long-Term Temp to Perm)
Department: Investment Grade Fixed Income
Location: New York, NY
**Some Hybrid but WILL BECOME ON SITE – MUST BE VACCINATED**
At our firm, employees enjoy motivating, fulfilling careers. If you’re looking for a fast-paced working environment, you’re resolved to cultivate and expand your talents, and you believe in always putting the customer first, then we’re the right place for you. We’re committed to giving our people – experienced and young professionals alike – the opportunities and experiences they seek to thrive and gain personal fulfillment. We will work with you to design your own career, develop your personal growth, and align your achievements with your ambitions.
This opportunity sits within the Investment Grade Fixed Income team in New York, New York and will support Portfolio Construction.
- Work with the Portfolio Managers of all alpha streams which includes macro / developed markets, investment grade credit, high yield and emerging markets to implement investment decisions in the portfolios via the creation of appropriate orders which are then implemented by the dedicated execution desk.
- Work with product specialists to reflect client specific strategies, changes to benchmarks and structure of the portfolios.
- Work with portfolio managers to reflect appropriate funding strategies in the portfolios.
- Work with IT/Risk teams to assist in the development of tools to automate / make these processes more efficient.
- Participate as appropriate in the investment process/attend Investment Committee meetings.
- Work on detailed projects on behalf of portfolio managers when required.
- Meet and present as appropriate with clients and consultants.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or similar degree.
- Strong mathematical background, genuine interest in building a career in asset management.
- Very collegiate/proven experience working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Quantitative individual with strong Excel skills, attention to detail, and knowledge of basic programming.
- The role would suit someone with some prior knowledge of fixed income products but should have taken prior coursework in economics and finance.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg is helpful.
- Plans to take the CFA Exam.
- Knowledge of data programs.