Title: “Associate Director of External Relations, School of Engineering and Science”
Location: Hoboken, NJ (Hybrid currently)
Under the supervision of the Dean of the School of Engineering and Science, the Associate Director of External Relations position will support strengthening the relationship and communication among different constituencies and increasing opportunities and reputations for the Department and University. The Associate Director will coordinate and liaison both internal and external constituencies, including corporate outreach, graduate student placement activities and alumni relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Expand existing partnerships with industry as it relates to internship and full-time placement and identify opportunities for new relationships. Leverage connections with the University’s Career Center.
- Develop new contacts with external organizations for the purpose of expanding employment opportunities for students and alumni.
- Serve as key liaison to the Office of Corporate, Government, and Community Relations and Office of Alumni Relations, in regards to SES corporate and alumni outreach.
- Serve as key liaison to support departments within University (e.g., Career Center, Institutional Research and Effectiveness, International Student & Scholar Services) with respect to SES graduate student internships, co-op, and full-time placement.
- Centralize and enhance regular communication to students related to career planning resources and timelines in partnership with Career Center, Graduate Student Affairs and Graduate Studies.
- Serve as the point of contact for the SES Board of Advisors. Coordinate SES Board of Advisors Meetings, including scheduling, agenda preparation, and meeting minutes.
- Review and coordinate all submissions of Sponsored Senior Design Agreements. Work with departmental senior design coordinators, faculty, corporate sponsors, and Office of General Counsel to complete and sign the forms properly.
- Coordinate with the department chairs the development of an alumni database for each graduate program.
- Coordinate with the department chairs the planning of alumni events or program-specific events that could enhance the placement opportunities of SES graduate students.
- Collect information on opportunities for internships, co-op, and full-time placement.
- Closely coordinate communication with associate deans and department chairs to ensure that the career placement services are meeting the needs and desires of the School’s graduate programs.
- Partner with the Career Center to expand offering to graduate students that is tailored to Department programs and unique student needs.
- Provide referrals to assist graduate students with the career development process.
- Gather, analyze and report individual student internship, co-op, and full-time placement data, in collaboration with other divisions in the university.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be a highly motivated individual
- Ability to navigate complex environments
- Possess keen emotional intelligence
- Demonstrate direct experience working successfully with diverse populations
- Be a strong communicator
- Ability to articulate a vision to diverse constituencies
- Demonstrate a passion for making a difference in the lives of college students
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as education, business, or human resources
Preferred Education: Master’s degree
Required Experience: Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in human resources, career counseling, corporate outreach, education and/or student affairs
Preferred Experience: Minimum 7 years experience