Title: “Events Specialist”
Location: New York, NY (Hybrid)
Global leading law firm is looking for an Events Specialist with 5-7 years of experience of planning and executing a high number of events. This is a hands-on role that will include the execution of signature client events, conferences, seminars, receptions, webinars, hybrid events and small key client dinners in addition to diversity, talent and alumni events.
The Events Specialist will support the Global Head of Events in addition to supporting the firm’s Client Development team and the firm’s fee earners. Our ideal candidate holds a bachelor’s degree, has successfully worked on events in a law firm or professional services firm and has a great deal of self-sufficiency in accomplishing their duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as the lead project manager for both in-person and virtual events from initial creative design and pre-planning stages through to on-site execution.
- Select and secure appropriate venues and process contracts together with the Procurement team.
- Prepare event proposals and manage event budgets ensuring that expenses are within the approved budget; process all related payments and invoices.
- Liaise with key stakeholders regarding invitations and mailing lists.
- Oversee development of invitation lists via CRM.
- Use the firm’s email management system (Vuture) to create email invitations; oversee design.
- Track all events and ROI by using EventsHub.
- Update all stakeholders regularly on project progress.
- Produce event materials (signage, nametags, etc.).
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Arrange for production of event materials, such as name badges, signage and promotional items.
- Work with firm’s IT and AV, as well as outside vendors, on technical specs and dry runs with all event speakers.
- Coordinate purchase and distribution of promotional items and client gifts.
- Work with vendors and catering contacts (in-house and external).
- Attend events, as appropriate, and manage on-site logistics including all on-site hospitality, audio-visual and other logistics and costs.
- Develop event staffing and execution plans.
- Maintain a detailed electronic filing system for all events.
- Any other ad hoc duties as reasonably requested.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of event planning experience, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment.
- Thrive under pressure and work well in a fast paced environment.
- Passion for event production/execution and logistics.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Excellent knowledge of vendors and venues (New York in particular).
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Collaborative attitude.
- Proven ability to plan, manage and execute multiple events simultaneously with limited supervision.
- Ability to travel and work outside of office hours as needed.
- Working knowledge of CRM and email management system tools, interest in emerging events technologies.
- Working knowledge of virtual presentation options: audio webinar, video webinar, podcast, broadcast, hybrid events etc. This includes knowledge of vendors involved, technical specifications, and how to determine the right format given the proposed virtual event.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Good grammar, vocabulary and reading comprehension.
- Good interpersonal skills with polite, professional and positive manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to learn new skills as they become necessary.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in a collaborative organization.
What Will Differentiate You
- Leadership: the desire to take initiative and actively contribute to the team and firm.
- Communication: the ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Business Acumen: the capability to learn the firm’s financial and operational functions.
- Client Service: the mindset to provide superior service.