Title: Cash Applications Analyst (Temporary Employee)
Location: Newport Beach, CA (onsite required)
Rate: $30-33/hr (long-term 6+ months; likely to convert permanently [65-70K])
The Firm’s Client Billing department is made up of revenue professionals focused in three functional areas: Billing, Reporting, and Cash Applications. The department is responsible for calculating, invoicing and collecting separate account revenue for all entities and we are seeking a highly motivated and intellectually curious Analyst to join our team and support the Cash Applications team.
Cash Applications Analysts have a unique opportunity to drive operational excellence by understanding global payments processes, analyzing multi-element payments, and determining solutions to team challenges. Automation projects add another opportunity to bring value to this role.
- Download bank deposits daily. Identify and apply client payments into the General Ledger timely.
- Identify and report all non-AR payments.
- Monitor collections reports. Apply firm’s collections policy to all outstanding items and action correspondence efforts and escalation. Prepare reports for distribution to Account Managers and Senior Management on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate with global colleagues in Account Management, Accounting, and other parties to resolve issues promptly and efficiently
- Prepare monthly write off reports. Complete write offs in General Ledger system once proper approvals are obtained
- Reconcile bank deposits with AR postings at month-end
- Respond to internal and external inquiries regarding open balances and communicate with clients or client service professionals
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics
- Minimum 2 years of progressive experience in A/R, accounting, collections roles
- Strong accounting fundamentals
- Possess intellectual curiosity and strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to effectively and autonomously problem solve
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and demanding environment, which includes handling multiple tasks and challenging deadlines
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage professionally and succinctly with all levels across the firm
- Ability to work with a strong sense of accountability, integrity and ownership
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Outlook
- Familiar with SAP or other large ERP system
- Committed to the firm’s values: Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence that allow us to bring the best to our clients and each other
Professional Skills Requirements
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task and manage a large number of ongoing initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on assigned responsibilities through pursuing excellence,
- impeccable attention to detail, and use of effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities, manage deadlines, and support dynamic initiatives in fast- paced environment
- Inquisitive self-starter and quick learner; adaptable to learn new processes, concepts, and skills