Title: “Benefits Specialist”
Rate: $32-35/hr (Temp to Perm)
Location: Philadelphia, PA (Hybrid)
Industry: International Law Firm
Hours: 9am-5pm; 8:30am-4:30pm; or 8:00am-4:00pm
We are looking for a Benefits Specialist who specializes in Leaves of Absence and FMLA. Our firm manages most of our leave of absences in-house. This person should have experience coordinating the leave of absence process for multiple states, especially New York, New Jersey and California. A good understanding of FMLA regulations and completing required medical forms. They should be very organized. On average we have 35-40 people on leave.
- Provide support for all U.S. leave of absence requests and workers’ compensation claims.
- Effectively coordinates all leave requests to include general administration and management for each leave request and compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act and all related state laws.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for the leave and workers’ compensation programs in alignment and under the general direction and guidance of the Sr. Benefits Manager.
- Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA)
- Administers all aspects of leaves, provides extensive case management and coordinates administrative aspects of the requests and claims.
- Conducts/coordinates investigations into all reported workers’ compensation claims.
- Coordinates and organizes all medical information and ensures that HIPAA and Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored and effectively executed.
- Ensures that all reportable workers’ compensation claims are submitted to the company’s vendor within 48 business hours from the date of the incident.
- Manages all administrative aspects of leave and workers’ compensation claims to include tracking hours used/taken and provides Payroll instruction to ensure that the pay for associates is accurate and correct.
- Works closely with associates to ensure that all relevant completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review.
- Maintains appropriate contact with all associates on leave and coordinates all aspects of return to work for associates on leave.
- Produces and manages reporting metrics and analytics for all leave cases and workers’ compensation claims. Presents reports as requested.
- Partners closely with all managers and supervisors on all leave cases and workers’ compensation claims.
- Meets regularly with Sr. Benefits Manager to review claims’ status and develops strategies for resolution.
- Administers LTD programs and vendor relationships.
- Ensures that STD claims are coordinated with FMLA or general medical cases.
- Coordinates and monitors accommodation requests and works closely with facilities to insure compliance.