(Currently Remote but based out of Sayreville, NJ)
The Customer Service Representative provides support to customers in the ordering and delivery of product. Provide support and assistance to brokers, regional sales managers and others in the organization to ensure the achievement of defined corporate and department goals, including leading the industry in Total Customer Satisfaction. Temporary to Permanent Position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive, process and verify the accuracy of orders from customers/brokers/regional sales managers utilizing the company’s mainframe system and customer purchase orders.
- Initiate required action for response to customer service requests for order changes including the maintenance of order information files in a timely manner.
- Communicate changes to the appropriate personnel.
- Receive inquiries (written/telephone/fax) and resolve a variety of order-related issues about products, distributors, or basic marketing issues.
- Operate a computer workstation and provide customer service management with data for inclusion in various reports.
- Help develop and recommend changes to existing methods and systems to increase the accuracy, efficiency, and responsiveness of Customer Service Department.
- Provide backup support to the other group/team members as necessary.
- Assist brokers/regional sales managers/quality staff with the settlement of customer complaints.
- Maintain accurate customer records.
- Develop and maintain direct continuous relationships with customers/brokers/regional sales managers, as well as intra and inter departments.
- Foster communication and strong relationships with all members of company business team members.
- Take ownership for assigned territory responsibilities.
- Help to create new policies and procedures in order to help increase the efficiency of daily workflow.
- Provide support to other departments with special projects as deemed necessary.
- Assist Sales and Marketing in accomplishing their goals of improving service to our customers or prospective customers by communicating promotional elements or new Sales/Marketing strategies.
- Ensure proper execution of any other projects or duties as requested/assigned by management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision starting as a temporary full-time position to transition to regular permanent full time.
- Good telephone skills; able to project a positive and professional image in verbal and written communications.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize work and meet established deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Fully capable in MS Office and Outlook; demonstrated skills in the use of Excel.
- Working knowledge of SAP