TITLE: “Senior Lateral Recruiting Specialist”
LOCATION: New York, NY
INDUSTRY: International Law Firm
The Lateral Recruiting Senior Specialist is responsible for overseeing the lateral recruiting process for lateral associate and counsel positions within our Law Firm’s U.S. offices.
The position primarily focuses on recruitment for specific practice groups, but the ideal candidate will also oversee hiring of other positions for experienced hires, such as visiting attorneys and Tax LLMs, as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead special projects, as assigned by Director and Senior Manager of Lateral Recruiting, and delegate work as needed to junior members of the team.
- Maintain statistics on U.S. lateral recruitment, including diversity metrics for lateral associates and counsel.
- Run conference calls and meetings for practice group-specific hiring committees.
- Work with practice group leaders, and practice group directors, to identify staffing needs, devise search strategies, and draft advertisements.
- Responsible for sourcing candidates, reviewing unsolicited resumes and applicants, and working with junior members of the team to document and track all candidates through the recruiting process.
- Determine go to market strategy for advertising lateral roles to the market.
- Work with the marketing department to update recruiting materials as needed.
- Work with junior members of the team to schedule candidate interviews and collect interview feedback; act as liaison to lateral candidates throughout the interview process.
- Facilitate decision-making process with practice group leaders, draft offer letters, and with Lateral Recruiting Senior Manager, advise on offer packages and candidate follow-up.
- Review candidate tracking documents and ensure that file retention policy is followed.
- Proactively establish and maintain relationships with legal search firms, and work with search firms to advertise available positions.
- Organize search overviews with headhunters and practice groups as needed for specific roles.
- Keep up-to-date on the legal hiring market, including vendors and trends and provide updates internally at the firm.
- Partner with internal departments to facilitate lateral associate on-boarding, orientation and integration.
- Review fee agreements on a yearly basis to ensure current terms and market considerations are included.
- With Lateral Recruiting Senior Manager, determine preferred headhunter list and coordinate with Partner hiring group on similar.
- Review payment of placement fees and reimbursement of all expenses related to lateral hiring.
- Manage content and updates on lateral recruiting careers page.
QUALIFICATIONS / KSAs:
- 4+years of relevant recruitment experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Systems required: LawCruit or ViRecruit, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Must be able to work independently and supervise junior members of the team.
- Must be able to effectively function in a fast-paced service environment and be a team player on an energetic recruiting team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate professionally and diplomatically with professionals at all organizational levels of the firm.
- Display a positive, high-energy attitude.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.