This position is responsible for providing administrative support for several investment teams. Duties include general administrative and project based work. The ideal candidate for this position must be able to assist and act in a confidential capacity, communicate well with tact and courtesy, and project a professional image through in-person and phone interaction. Reporting to CIO
•Answer and screen telephone calls; when appropriate, refer or direct calls to appropriate parties
•Prepare, type, and edit documents using Microsoft Office
•Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments, arrange conference calls and video conferences, book meeting rooms, coordinate catering requirements with hospitality department
•Greet and assist visitors
•Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements, prepare travel itineraries
•Coordinate local travel arrangements and accommodations for visiting executive guests
•Prepare travel reimbursement reports and check requests and work with Finance to ensure timely payments; review expense reports
•Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems
•Proactively seeks out ways to develop systems and continually services the needs of the team to ensure time is focused on accomplishing priority objectives
•Facilitate and track communications internally and externally
•Assist with key priorities, maintain task list
•Follow-up on meetings and assist with deliverables
•Maintain contacts directory, personnel files and records
•Perform general office duties to include, but not limited to: printing, photocopying, faxing, mailing, preparing courier packages, filing
•Maintain confidentiality of client and employee information
This position will support multiple departments, including US Fixed Income, Global Fixed Income, and other associated individuals as needed.
•Minimum 2 years administrative experience; Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
•Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
•High degree of integrity, confidentiality, initiative, accountability, and strong work ethic
•Excellent communication skills in person, on phone, and by email and voicemail
•Strong proofreading and grammatical skills
•Ability to prioritize and manage multiple on-going tasks and projects
•Attention to detail and quality of work product
This position reports directly to the Supervisor and will not have any supervisory responsibilities. Will have frequent contact with internal and external customers and will partner with other departments in order to determine the serviceability of an address and follow all processes outlined to complete this function.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
Handle Inbound contacts from potential customers and business partners via telephone in order to process order entry
Must be available to take calls, be productive, and engage in positive interactions, effectively meeting the needs of the customer and be mindful of customers’ time and availability
Must have the ability to demonstrate dependability, flexibility and sound judgment by adhering to schedules and meeting all productivity, quality, and performance standards as well as taking ownership for their own actions in all areas
Must be willing to adjust and adapt to all aspects of the business in an ever changing work environment, while understanding performance goals, how they are measured, how to reach them, and work with others as necessary to achieve these goals
To assess and correct work orders to ensure their completion and accurate billing. All work orders are evaluated to ensure they are operationally sound and customers will be billed correctly for requested services
Handles order exceptions relating to HSD and Phone Provisioning, Porting and Ancillary across multiple vendors and platforms
Apply all business rules, to ensure the integrity of the work order in an effort to increase completion rates
Extensive knowledge of and the ability to support all products and services including TV, Internet, and Phone
Take action to proactively learn new information, report department impacting concerns, and share best practices with others
Adheres to company/department procedures and guidelines
Take action to develop skill sets in order to progress to intermediate level transactions
Other duties as assigned
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
Ability to use personal computer & software applications
Ability to work independently in group environment
Ability to effectively address/resolve customer complaints and issues
Ability to work while seated for prolonged periods of time, taking back-to-back calls
Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward and professional manner
Good/Excellent knowledge of all three lines of business (Cable, HIS, Telephone)
Knowledge of general accounting & billing procedures
Knowledge of office procedures and Company policies
Knowledge of service troubleshooting
Knowledge of residential product information, packaging, pricing and current offers.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Related Work Experience Number of Years
Customer service experience 2
Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Ability to solve problems while working under pressure
Knowledge of the cable industry – products and services
Flexible work schedule may be required Start Time: 9:00 AM
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
•Utilize specialized knowledge of the fall recruiting process in order to assist with OCI registration, hospitality suites, and occasional pre-screening of resumes
•Strategically fill callback interview schedules; help meet and greet callback candidates.
•Support Manager with weekly Hiring Committee meetings and with follow-up and continued contact with offerees (e.g. second visits, lunches, etc.).
•Coordinate special events at office and on-campus.
•Assist with end-of-season statistical data (post-recruiting).
SUMMER ASSOCIATE PROGRAM
•Apply technical knowledge of recruiting database(s) to create summer associate profiles in LawCruit.
•Collaborate with Recruiting Manager to plan and organize events; create calendar and assist in updating correspondence for Summer Associates and Attorneys.
•Help assimilate Summer Associates into all aspects of associate life.
•Support Recruiting Manager in distributing and managing work assignments.
•Create and maintain Summer Associate assignment and review books for weekly and special Summer Committee meetings.
•Coordinate entry-level recruiting program, including OCI, and assist with other recruiting initiatives, as needed.
•Assist in organizing events and social gatherings.
•Garner lawyer support and create enthusiasm for recruitment program.
•Introduce innovative and high-quality initiatives whenever possible.
•Help with managing data, reports, and templates on the recruiting database.
•Bachelor’s degree required.
•Strongly Preferred Two to three years related experience in a law firm.
•Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
•Strong oral and written communication skills.
•Ability to communicate professionally and diplomatically and maintain confidentiality.
•Ability to function in a collaborative environment and be an effective member of a fast-paced and energetic recruiting team.
•Systems required: LawCruit; Advanced Proficiency of Word and Excel required; proficiency in PowerPoint.
The company provides investment management and advisory services to institutional clients, financial intermediaries, private clients and investment vehicles around the world. We invest in a wide selection of equity, fixed income and alternative investments with the goal of producing superior risk-adjusted investment returns and providing investment solutions customized for our clients.
The Central Marketing Services group is currently seeking a Product Marketing Associate. This individual will work closely with marketing professionals across different investor channels to support their efforts in positioning and communicating strategies and products with their clients and prospects.
•Assist in creating and updating marketing materials (e.g., presentations, fact sheets, client reports) to support investment teams and sales & marketing professionals
•Develop a deep understanding of the company’s products and serve as an internal point of contact for marketing or client-related requests
•Collaborate with team members and client portfolio managers to generate ideas on enhancing existing marketing efforts
•Understand and manage approval workflows to ensure all materials are legal and compliance approved for external distribution
•Complete ad-hoc marketing projects as needed/appropriate
•BA/BS or equivalent is required; major in Accounting, Economics, Business, Finance or related fields preferred
•Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects and timelines while being detail oriented
•Ability to work independently, knowing when to escalate issues as appropriate.
•Strong verbal and written communication skills
•Ability to collaborate as part of a team and take on additional responsibilities as required
•Accountability and willingness to be pro-active in learning and improving the quality of deliverables and efficiency of processes
•High proficiency with applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint and familiarity with market data and analytics systems (e.g., Bloomberg, FactSet, Morningstar, e-Vestment)
•Series 7 and 66 desired, must be attained within six months of hire if not already licensed
•Relevant experience in financial services or asset management preferred
This position is responsible for coordinating the logistics and execution of recruitment efforts. This position represents the front-line contact for all issues relating to recruiting. The recruiting coordinator will work closely with the recruiter, business line, and candidates to ensure the overall effort to attract the best candidates to our firm. Specific duties of the Recruiting Associate include:
• Schedule, coordinate, and facilitate in person, phone, and video conference interviews
• Post Jobs on internal and external job boards
• Arrange domestic and international travel for candidates
• Generate and draft offer letters
• Process all new hire paperwork, including background checks and references
• Develop relationships with hiring managers
• Partner with the recruiter to serve in recruiting efforts by creating a positive hiring experience for both candidates and hiring managers for all stages of recruiting from interview to onboarding
• May be requested to screen candidate resumes to assist with other coordinators overflow
• Complete ad-hoc projects, as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
• Two years’ experience in a corporate environment
• Strong ability to handle confidential information with discretion and maturity
• Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and ability to prioritize workload independently
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, energetic environment
• Maintains a high degree of professionalism – ability to interface with all levels of the company
• Possesses a proactive approach to accomplishing work, has immaculate follow up, and demonstrates the flexibility to meet business needs with a focus on achieving results
• Excellent technology skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to network with various departmental personnel and outside parties
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
WORK HOURS: Monday through Friday 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Must be able to work additional hours as required.
Prepare schedules for annual corporate tax provision.
Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales taxes and miscellaneous business tax returns.
Manage all corporate federal, state and local income tax compliance requirements including tax returns, estimated payments, and extensions.
Maintain accurate and organized tax files in preparation of audit requests and audit substantiation.
Perform miscellaneous general accounting functions.
B.S. Degree in Accounting
5+ years public/private corporate federal and state tax accounting experience.
Experience in the preparation of 1120, partnerships, and state and local corporate income tax returns.
Experience in preparation of 990-PF, miscellaneous business tax returns, sales and use tax, commercial rent tax, occupancy tax, and payroll taxes a plus.
Thorough familiarity with federal and state income tax compliance requirements including tax returns, estimates and extensions.
Strong tax research skills utilizing tax research databases (CCH).
Solid verbal and written communication skills.
Proficiency in Excel.
Familiarity with GoSystem or One Source tax and fixed assets software a plus.
Responsibilities include administration of the firm’s employee personal trading policy and procedures, including approving pre-clearance requests, maintenance of the employee trading database, back-end reporting and reporting to senior management. This role will also be responsible for reviewing employee emails and social media sites.
• Administration of the firm’s personal trading policy, including, monitoring employee personal trading activities, resolving exceptions and maintaining satisfactory records using the PTA automated personal trading system.
• Review emails and instant messages for any violations regarding Business Ethics and Insider Trading
• Conduct ongoing testing of various policies and procedures
• Facilitate annual review process of employees’ outside business activities and private placements
• Review, approval and reporting of employee gifts and entertainment items
• Conduct forensic testing of trades, political contributions, marketing materials; information barriers and other items
• Assist with monthly/quarterly and ad hoc client reporting, liaison with marketing and client service on reviewing and responding to RFPs and DDQs.
• Assist other members of the Compliance Department in other aspects of compliance such as portfolio surveillance
• Minimum 2-5 years relevant work experience in the financial services industry at an Investment Advisor, Broker-Dealer and /or related firm
• Ability to manage priorities and handle multiple projects simultaneously is essential; must be deadline oriented
• Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office , including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication skills (effective in oral, written and presentation settings)
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships within and outside the company
• Superior organizational skills; careful and thorough, with particular attention to detail
Very brief description
3 days a week either in Manhattan or can work remotely from home
Must be experienced in the personal lines area and highly computer literate!!
All work is done on the computer directly with the personal lines carriers
Handle General Liability premises claims
Review and analyze coverage, apply policy conditions, provisions, exclusions and endorsements
Compose coverage declination letters, tenders, reservation of rights and other routine and complex correspondence
Provide excellent customer service
Fulfill specific client requirements including claim reporting and analysis
Investigate facts to establish negligence, determine liability
Negotiate claim settlements within authority limits
Document and attach all correspondence in client claim system
Effectively manage diary
Maintain Adjuster’s license
This position will have a specific focus on managing smaller meeting as well as assisting the team with all aspects of event logistics projects in the area of meeting/event planning for a variety of corporate business-related meetings, conferences, customer programs, and training workshops from pre-planning stages through post event analysis.
Responsibilities include assisting customers with registrations, collateral, obtaining certificates of insurance from exhibitors and various administrative and logistical details for events. As Coordinator you’ll assist in managing all logistics of smaller meetings including RFPs, source vendors and caterers, venue selection, food and beverage, registration, onsite logistics, post-event reporting. (Internal Training Meetings, one-day catering meeting, local hotel room block meetings.) Primary individual responsible for management registration system, including creation of meetings, registration and reporting. Other responsibilities include daily logistics planning for smaller meetings, maintenance of internal Conference Registration System, multiple Mailbox systems, network sites and vendors, managing billing & financial reconciliations (Req. purchase orders and paid invoices in timely manner). This individual will also be responsible for some Corporate Travel responsibilities, including answering inquiries and travel analysis/reporting.
Successful applicants should meet the following minimum requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 1-3 years’ experience in Event Management and logistics or college major in hotel/event management.
• Experience with registration processing and use or knowledge of external registration tools /software preferred.
• Excellent customer service skills, oral/written communications with ability to anticipate client needs and follow up
• Demonstrated ability to regularly multitask, prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to take initiative, identify solutions and organize work independently and with coaching from others.
• Advanced MS Excel skills: Dashboard Reports and Pivot Tables.
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to assist team during high pressure situations.
• Must be open to working some late hours to accommodate off-site events.