Title: “Asset Analyst”
Location: New York, NY
Salary: 85-110K DOE
We are adding an Asset Analyst to our team in New York! The Asset Analyst will provide analytical support to every facet of the firm’s Multifamily operational management, conducting critical research to support the asset management team’s responsibility for the financial performance of the firm’s assets. The Asset Analyst will be responsible for supporting internal and external portfolio management reporting, as well as leveraging strong quantitative and analytical skills to help guide portfolio strategy. The Asset Analyst is expected to collaborate with the asset management team and operations team in helping to execute property specific business plans in conjunction with the firm’s Portfolio Manager.
This position requires potential travel to Atlanta, Houston, and other target geographical markets with notice.
What your day to day will look like:
- Responsible for preparing monthly internal asset management reporting packages for each asset under management.
- Perform research on acquisition targets, assets under management, markets, etc.
- Provide ad hoc analytical support to the firm’s wholly owned affiliate property management company, ******. This includes operations, marketing, maintenance, construction, and other departments.
- Prepare hold-sell analysis on a routine basis based on property conditions and client investment objectives
- Track and update the present value of portfolio assets by modeling underwriting assumptions (e.g., rental rates, growth rates, leasing projections) and select discount and capitalization rates
- Monitor budget variances on a monthly basis as well as other KPIs.
- Assist in the generation of annual business plans and the establishment of strategic portfolio initiatives
- Analyze the operating, leasing, marketing, and management issues facing the properties
- Facilitate the annual budgeting process.
- Prepare periodic reports for clients with information regarding market conditions, portfolio operating results, property level developments and disposition strategies of equity investments
- Aid in the review of each asset’s value-add program, including the progress of its unit renovation schedule, and establish leasing and pricing strategies for the re-leasing of these units
What you will need to succeed:
- Minimum of 2 years of asset management analyst, finance, consulting, or other analytical experience
- Multifamily experience strongly preferred
- Proficient at creating systems to improve outcomes, minimize variance of results, and lessen oversight burden
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills
- Exceptional experience in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in other data modeling and visualization platforms preferred
- Comfort with learning and integrating innovative technological tools (the firm strongly encourages experimenting with new software platforms)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, bend, walk, use hands and fingers to control objects, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear. The associate must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.