Position Requested: Investment Data Analyst
Location: New York, New York – HYBRID
Rate: $35-45/hr DOE (Long term contract; with potential for permanent conversion)
Within the Data & Technology department, the primary mission of the Global Data Management team (GDM) is to design, manage, quality assure and make available a high volume of investment data required and consumed by many functions at our investment firm.
GDM team members leverage on dual competences: strong business knowledge of the data and advanced data analysis techniques. The team runs state-of-art technologies (Markit-EDM, Microsoft SQL Server, etc.) to store and master the data produced by the Investment & Operations value chain.
You will join a multicultural team with a global footprint (Hong-Kong, India, Germany, France, UK, US) and operate in a 24/5 follow-the-sun model.
- Develop an in depth understanding of the internal data structure, for a wide-array of data sets like securities, credit ratings, sector classifications, analytics, transactions, positions, portfolio valuations, benchmarks, etc. – all required to support a robust investment firm
- Take ownership of a set of daily data quality checks run on our investment data
- Address data queries from and data issues raised by the consuming functions
- Interact with all data providers – for data issues and service reviews
- Support and enhance existing processes and tools
- Recommend solution design ideas for an efficient and scalable data management framework
- Work collaboratively with teammates and stakeholders (IT, Investments, Risk, etc.)
- Act as a reliable Data Steward and support firm Data Strategy and firm Data Governance Principles