Title: “Property Accountant”
Location: Atlanta, GA
Salary: 65-75K + 10% bonus
The Property Accountant is responsible for the financial and reporting of the multi-family communities and related entities involved in ownership and management of the portfolio. You will be responsible for embodying and working to reinforce the company’s core values.
Our company is a privately-owned, fully integrated real estate operating company focused on acquiring, renovating, and managing multi-family investment properties nationwide. They manage a diverse housing portfolio of over 9,000 apartment homes across the United States. We are the property management arm of **********, a growing real estate investment firm focused on investments in C & B class value-add multifamily properties in growing markets in the Southern US. The firm executes a value-add strategy to renovate the asset and improve the quality of on-site staff, thereby driving significant growth for the asset. Our company then takes over the acquisition and focuses on site management at each location.
What do we offer? Competitive compensation package with a variety of benefit options. A great group of people that believe in working together for the greater good and having fun while doing it! A team that supports your personal and professional growth and is willing to make investment to help you achieve your long-term goals.
What your day to day will look like:
- Manage all accounting functions on accrual and cash basis for all portfolio communities and affiliate entities.
- Oversee month-end closing process including bank reconciliations and adjusting journal entries.
- Maintain general ledgers and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements including balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flow.
- Reconcile intercompany balances, review accounts payable, prepaid rent, and property expenses.
- Coordinate with Capital Markets and Investor Relations teams to accurately account for all acquisitions, dispositions, and debt refinancing events.
- Manage all fixed asset depreciation schedules and book corresponding capital items and job cost allocations.
- Audit and manage all bank deposits, credit card charges and internal expense reports.
- Review and approve invoices posted into Accounts Payable.
- Prepare all manual checks as needed and ensure payments are entered into the accounting system on a timely basis.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly financial reports sent to investors and lenders.
- Responsible for developing annual internal audits of properties and implementation follow up.
- Create and submit periodic loan compliance reporting for properties where applicable.
- Prepare annual budgets for all assets and approve budget revisions as per company policies.
- Provide support to Senior Executives for Annual Tax Returns and Annual Audits where applicable.
- Support operational implementations and compliance with all policy and process changes (such as employee benefits, software, etc.).
- Assist in due diligence efforts including lease review, rent roll analysis, expense reconciliation, etc.
- Complete all post-closing reconciliations with buyers/sellers
- Must have 3+ years’ experience in the accounting profession (public, private, or a combination)
- Real estate industry experience required; strong background in financial planning & analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or related field
- High level of proficiency with financial accounting software such as Onesite and/or Yardi
- Extensive experience with GAAP, tax basis, and joint venture accounting and financial reporting
- Familiarity with analyzing complex deal documents and determining proper accounting treatment