Title: “Web and Digital Content Producer”
Location: Hoboken, NJ
The University invites applications for the position of Web and Digital Content Producer to advance its reputation and impact through web and digital media. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing, optimizing, publishing, and maintaining high-quality multimedia content across the university’s websites and social media channels and ensuring visitors have a seamless and positive user experience.
Additionally, the incumbent will support marketing operations by developing and refining content for digital ad campaigns. Reporting to the Director of Web and Digital Strategy and with a dotted line report to the Director of Marketing, the Web and Digital Content Producer will provide additional capacity for website content needs as the school embarks on a 12-18 month project to redesign its flagship website and adopt a new content management system.
During this period, the Web and Digital Content Producer will provide support for website content needs during the concurrent period of maintenance of the current site and the period of planning and development of the new site. Once the new site is launched, this position will focus on developing, maintaining, and frequently refreshing digital content.
The Web and Digital Content Producer will:
- Assist in managing the day-to-day website and social media content activities, including developing new content by gathering relevant information from university offices and departments, organizing, and repurposing existing content, and assisting university offices in creating new content for the website
- Create content (text, photos, and video) for the university’s social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Develop and refine new and existing marketing copy for digital ads, marketing landing pages and email communications, keeping with marketing objectives, messaging priorities, search engine optimization, and user experience best practices
- Maintain website content project schedules and occasionally function as a project manager for website content projects
- Conduct content audits using SiteImprove, Google Search Console tools, etc., to ensure content and functionality is current and accurate
- Collaborate on the development and refinement of CMS content types, taxonomies, and digital assets, including photography and video
- Work closely with the marketing team to review website and marketing analytics to better understand performance, trends, and audience interests. Adjust schedules and content accordingly, considering topics, platforms, and formats. Apply data insights to recommend steps to improve digital performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field
- Minimum of 3-6 years of progressive experience in a digital content developer or marketing role
- Demonstrated experience creating content (text, images, and video) for enterprise social media accounts
- Proven ability to craft compelling content for marketing campaigns
- Experience working in higher education or strong interest and knowledge of the educational landscape
- Exceptional web fluency and web editorial skills
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills, both verbal and written; must be able to write with a given audience in mind, keeping communication clear and concise
- Demonstrated ability to be a creative web storyteller who knows how to create engaging content optimized for search
- Understands how digital platforms intersect and how they can be used synchronously to support and reinforce content and messaging
- Strategic vision and understanding of the connection between business objectives and creative content
- Understanding of trends in content strategy and development, user experience, and digital marketing
- Knowledge of and expertise in HTML, CSS, content management systems, web accessibility, and standard web publishing protocols
- Knowledge of Adobe platforms and demonstrated design and graphics experience
- Knowledge of cross-platform digital analytics, especially Google Analytics
- Ability to set priorities and manage competing demands
- Ability to work as part of a larger, complex, and evolving team