Work with Hull &
Liability (BLUE & BROWN water)
They will consider a
more entry level candidate if the come out of a college insurance program or
the Merchant Marines college with an interest in insurance
Must be bright and
capable of picking up things quickly
Solid skills in Excel
and Outlook and either know or be trained on EPIC
Responsible for all
documentation including binders, certificates and endorsements
underwriters and clients to resolve issues, get best pricing and general
Team player with
a professional attitude and willingness to learn and grow
This is a career
opportunity at the Executives in the area are excellent at cultivating your
talent and are looking for someone that is interested in growing in the role
– Reporting to
the CEO/Owner who is a very demanding, entrepreneurial with an excellent handle
on company financials
– Need to be adaptable to different ways of reporting financial information to
– Ability to grow into a position that’s part of Senior Management team that
drives the company
– Ideal candidate is willing and capable to be hands on with many of the tasks
– Needs to be strong/flexible communicator both to management and towards
– A good mentor toward direct reports & managers to assist them in
understanding accounting, reporting as
well as correct billing
– To head the accounting function
nationally in HWI
– Lead the team of 5 staff (including a very experienced controller)
– Prepare monthly financial pack
– Prepare annual accounts to GAAP standards and work with the Auditors to get
final issued promptly.
– Prepare group level management information
– Monitor and report upon all fiscal aspects of the business
– Manage all aspects of the accounting area with specific focus on cash
management, accounting standards, data quality and Management information
– Manage banking/audit/supplier relationships
– To be part of our compliance team
– To be part of our insurer security review team
– Need to be current CPA
– Insurance brokerage experience
– Needs to have very strong Excel skills
– Needs to understand all forms of reporting tools
Director of Internal Audit
is responsible to add value and improve the company’s operations by bringing a
systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of
financial controls, operational practices and risk management. Work
involves conducting performance, financial and compliance audits; providing
consulting services to the organization’s management and staff and maintaining
all organizational and professional ethical standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and structure the Internal
Audit activities at all Business Units;
Corporation (U.S.), Nuvida Plastics (U.S.), Europe (Belgium) and
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate
accounting documentation, reports, data, workflows, etc.
- Identify, develop, and document audit
issues and provide recommendations using independent judgment concerning
areas being reviewed
- Document all audit processes and prepare
and present reports that reflect audit results
Develop and execute an annualized audit program in order to:
- Test the effectiveness of existing
financial controls and make recommendations on how to improve internal
controls and governance processes in a cost effective manner
- Protect against fraud and theft of the
- Ensure that the organization is
complying with relevant laws and statutes
- Drive continuous improvement in processes
- Collaborate with cross-functional
leaders to understand, optimize, document, and routinely update
operational processes. Lead and drive cross-functional teams in order to
improve business processes.
- Make recommendations on how to improve
operational processes and work flows
- Promote development and use of
standardized documentation for Standard Operating Procedures and other
important internal processes
- Actively seek development of new or
improved procedures or ideas to create value-add internal controls as
well as business process improvements to help enhance profitability and
- Oversee Management of Risks, including
ensuring thorough identification of risks, accurate assessment of
likelihood of occurrence and potential severity, identification of risk
control measures ad their effectiveness and the effectiveness of early
warning / alert systems
- Perform Information Technology
audits by evaluating information management systems and computer
databases to ensure that confidential customer information and proprietary
intellectual property is secure. Information technology audits ensure that
only authorized users are able to gain access to confidential information
and that the information itself is accurate.
The Network Engineer is responsible for the deployment; operations and support of company Networks. The network environment consists of both internal company networks and external customer serving network centric products.
The Network Engineer will provide experienced and comprehensive advanced technical expertise for a Data & Transport network and will serve as part of the team to develop and maintain the growing infrastructure.
An ideal candidate will have strong technical skills; able to own issues and drive them to resolution. The candidate must be able to work independently and in pressure situations. Candidate must be process oriented.
- Install, configure, and maintain networking equipment, software and services to support the customer-serving network-centric products and the enterprise WAN & LAN environments.
- Activate and test circuits on routers, switching gear, WDM gear, and other network equipment in new network nodes.
- Serve as Tier 3/4 Support to the technical operations group. Participate in 7 x 24 on-call support rotation to provide escalation support for network problems.
- Manage, Deploy and maintain Network Monitoring Systems and Change Management Systems.
- Perform site survey, documentation, engineering and deployment for network expansions and new site deployment.
- Creation of BOM’s, and Engineering packages for new site builds.
- Provide project management to technical team to coordinate complicated network platform and service deployments.
- Identify new technologies and alternative networking systems to enhance customer experience
- Identify operational issues and implement design alterations to address these issues
- Understand technical issues and the implications to the business, and be able to communicate them with other operation departments within the business
- Perform detailed, post event analysis of unusual events, and direct needed procedure or process changes in response
- Generate and update documentation on operational procedures, network topology, and customer database
- Maintain a broad knowledge of current and emerging state-of-the-art computer/network systems technologies, architectures, and products
- Manage workflow closely with a variety of different level support organization in the process of providing network support
- Network operations and engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other engineering discipline
- 3 or more years of architectural design experience in an enterprise and data center environment.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to understand high-level network design and impacts across the infrastructure relating to underlying hardware and software selection
- Ability to work independently on complex and unique enterprise engineering projects
- Strong expertise with BGP, OSPF, MPLS-TP, etc and related networking protocols
- Expertise with STP, Virtual LANs and Trunking (802.1q), and how to properly implement these technologies
- Expertise with the implementation of network security (ACLs, IPSec Tunnels) – Ability to devise and enforce network security policy while balancing the needs of a diverse and dynamic business
- Ability to perform (advanced level) configuration, testing, and troubleshooting of routed IP network infrastructure and long-haul WAN circuits.
- After hours support, occasional travel to various IBX’s throughout the globe, and participation in an on-call support rotation
- Experience with major hardware vendors and platforms, including Cisco, Juniper, F5, and Palo Alto Networks
- Experience with network protocol analyzers such as tcp dump or Wireshark
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced technical certifications (i.e. CCNA, JNCIA, CCNP) desired
Ethanol Sales and Logistics Coordinator 100%
Supporting the necessary documentation/inputs for facilitating trades and management of time-charter vessels. This includes the below main activities but is not exhaustive:
- Send/receive shipping document instructions
- Sending product/vessel inspection instructions
- Coordinating necessary documentation and vessel schedules with supplier/customer
- Paying/Issuing invoices
- Managing and tracking transaction costs/expenses
- Validating letter of credit and preparing the required documents
- Billing, collecting, accounting input associated with each account
- Monitoring credit exposure of each customer with commercial managers
- Export/import documentation control and liaison with supplier/ship owner/freight forwarder/ship broker
- Negotiate rates with services providers
- File the necessary alcohol-related government documents
- Advise business managers on import/export restrictions, tariff systems, delays, inventory and other supply chain matters.
- Customer/supplier registration into accounting system
- Nominate agents and coordinate AP/AR on each port locations.
- Coordination with Mitsubishi offices outside of Houston
- Others general administrative duties
Knowledge and Skills
- Computer skills including Excel and other Microsoft applications
- Knowledge on SAP input as well as company regulations especially for internal control requirement
- Accuracy and Efficiency of conducting job.
- Liquid Bulk Marine shipments (barges/vessels)
- Job organization skills for not making mistake/overlook of work necessity.
- Reporting skill to share the information with sales and logistics staffs.
- Ability to be proactive/flexible (think a few steps ahead) and make changes in order to prevent and solve the troubles.
- Communication skill to give good customer service customers/suppliers.
- Preferred: Spanish Speaking
Relevant Experience and Education
- Marine (vessel/barge) documentation
- Liquid Bulk Shipments
- Licenses or certifications required, if any: Hazmat Certified
60% ) US Sales and Marketing: Main accountability is to earn profit by selling and marketing the Methanol in N.A. Details are as below:
- credit management (includes selection of customers, risk evaluation and return analysis for conducting sales activity)
- negotiation for the sales contracts (long term, spot (onetime))
- monthly negotiation of the sales price in distribution accounts
- reporting to management (regular reporting of the sales volume, profit, trends, industry info, etc,)
- managing performance of the sales contracts for achieving better profit (juggling volumes to achieve better net back, contract vs spot, profit evaluation based on market trends and inventory on hand, etc)
- team working (instructing/coaching/supervising the supporting staff for the accounting, invoicing, logisitics, etc)
20% ) Marketing and Sales Expansion project: Expand the market reach to the new market (US Midwest etc) seeking more opportunity for methanol as well as different commodity like Ethanol, which includes below;
- Market Research
- Logistics set up (storage, inland transportation)
- Procurement from new sources
- Sales (setting up new customers/contracts)
- Optimization ( Delivery system set up, including coordination/knowledge transfer for the staffs in overseas branch, etc)
- Compliance (risk management such as credit etc as well as regulatory things. Researching, managing and fulfilling the requirements)
The Assistant Manager is expected to perform under supervision of Managers and reporting to them.
10% ) Logistics Operation: Selecting, managing and operating the best logistics while minimizing the cost. Controlling inventory in distribution stock locations. This duty includes below:
- Land transportation (rail / track freight) management; to manage competitive arrangement by supervising operator. This includes negotiating tanks, freight contracts, designing railcar fleet which avoids idle time, etc.
- Swap Operations; Organize swaps in order to reduce costs
- Manage delivery schedule; for minimizing shipping cost (freight, demurrage etc) by managing inventory. This includes negotiation for the demurrage
10% ) Management of Sales Support staff : Manage staff in sales support team, which includes below;
- Instructing/coaching/supervising/evaluating the supporting staff for the accounting, invoicing, logisitics, documentation etc for completing their role.
- Undertaking trainer role for Internal rules (ie. Credit/GBS/Compliance/Incoterms) as well as logistics operation skills. Supervise performance of the trainee.
- Supervise and take responsible role for the performance of marketing support team.
- Motivate, evaluate, and coach the marketing support team. Make plan and recommendation for the best functional and efficient team organization to Senior Manager as well as DM, and implement.
The Assistant Marketing Manager is expected to perform under supervision of Senior Managers and reporting to them.
- Selects subordinates OR participates in the interviews and recommends who should be hired
- Determines subordinates’ performance ratings OR recommends performance reviews
- Has authority to issue written warnings and suspensions and determines what discipline should be imposed upon a subordinate OR recommends such actions
- Has limited authority to guide OR train other employees
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist in preparing regulatory filings, including fund registration statements, prospectuses, and Statements of
Additional Information for company proprietary registered funds
Coordinate responses to various information requests, including regulatory and client requests
Assist in the preparation and organization of board materials
Work with account management to produce responses to sub-advised 15(c) questionnaires
Assist attorneys with miscellaneous special projects as they are assigned
Draft, review, organize, and revise fund-related agreements
Maintain records of all regulatory, contractual, and legal matters
Bachelor’s Degree (required)
Paralegal Certificate or JD (preferred)
Minimum 1-5 years of law firm/in-house paralegal experience (preferred)
Very detailed oriented
Very strong interpersonal skills
Ability to multi-task
Possess exceptional oral, written and organizational skills
Must be able to work independently on complex tasks
Possess the ability and comfort to interact with all levels of management
Intermediate knowledge of MS Office applications desired
Knowledge of the Investment Company Act of 1940, Securities Act of 1933, Form N1-A, Form N-2 (preferred)